Thursday, 19 February 2009

Jade and Max

It's a strange one, this. But here's a woman who 'sold' her entire life for reality television and had it broadcast to the masses. Everything she said and did has been in the public eye for - how long? 2 years?? So, when it came to her terminal illness and imminent death, I suppose it was difficult to pull out of it now. In a way, the media would never have left her alone anyway - trying to get into the wedding, trying to spy on her and get photos and 'inside scoops' , comments from her doctors, etc. So, what the hell? Sell it to them, willingly, and bring in a substantial amount of cash for the boys!

It's impossible to say if I would do the same if I were her - I'll never know. And yes, I think there is a level of discomfort with the whole thing. And maybe it is taking Reality TV a bit too far. I'm certainly not going to be looking for Jade's news and phtotos, but then again I expect Mr. Clifford's efforts will ensure they get shoved in my face whether I like it or not.

3 comments:

  1. Max is value, no? First he handled Shilpa Shetty after Jade's BB 'racist attack' and now he's handling Jade as the nation goes 'Aaahhh'.

    You have to admire it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if admiration is the accurate sentiment in this case. I acknowledge that he is doing one hell of a job - I'm just not sure it's a job worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said Maisaloon. the media is eating it up as well - to which they would say, well that's what our readership wants. but it smacks of going a little bit too far.

    ReplyDelete